March is Preamp Month (TonedPLUS counts, too). Get it for $30 off.
-updated September 14, 2015-
TonedPLUS is a specialized tone shaping plugin with selectable analog modeling. Expanding on the concept of the free plugin Toned, TonedPLUS is designed primarily for use in the mastering process or on two-track audio busses. TonedPLUS uses two distinct equalization processes: a three-band tone-shaping matrix, and a specially designed high pass (HP) filter. New in version 1.0.1 is a 2x Drive control to add more saturation, and an Auto gain control to even out volume differences between the input and output signals.
Simple but Flexible EQ
The three-band tone-shaping matrix uses a crossover-style filter bank of first-order filters (-6dB per octave). This type of equalization produces very gentle and broad filtering, with minimal alteration of phase. Very wide boosts and cuts can be accomplished while still sounding natural. This style of equalization also mimics some of the interactions between frequency bands that are commonly found in passive analog EQs and analog tone controls. The tone-shaping matrix can be applied to stereo channels, or switched to mid/side mode. Additionally, TonedPLUS can be switched to use a two-band matrix.
New in version 1.0.1, is a two-band parametric EQ. This means more knobs to look at, but also a lot more flexibility.
A Powerful High Pass
The HP filter is specifically designed for accurately adjusting the low/sub bass energy. The filter has selectable Q and roll-off. The scale of the HP controls is specific to low bass, and ranges from 10 Hz to 50 Hz (with accuracy to 0.01 Hz). Just like the tone controls, the HP filter can be applied to the stereo channels, or process audio in mid/side mode.
In addition to all of the tone and HP controls, TonedPLUS also includes an analog modeling engine to simulate the sound of various hardware devices. Based on the same engine found in PreAMPed, TonedPLUS provides unlimited combinations. TonedPLUS allows the user to select from seven different electronic input coupling types, and five different internal amp types. Each input and amp model contains unique frequency characteristics, saturation, self noise, and other nuances. There is also a feedback control to simulate the effect of using negative feedback within an analog amplifier path.
In addition to all of the tone controls, HP filter controls, and selectable analog modeling, TonedPLUS also includes many standard LVC-Audio features. This includes:
- Stereo width and balance controls
- Output Clipper
- Phase reverse and left/right channel swap buttons
- Delay and phase compensated mix control
- Adjustable input and output metering with peak and loudness meters
- Internal 64-bit precision with selectable oversampling rate (off, 2x, 4x, and 8x)
- Knob controllers with fine- and superfine- control, and built-in A-B comparison
Differences between TonedPLUS and Toned
TonedPLUS includes the following enhanced features in comparison to the free Toned plugin:
- Two-band parametric EQ controls
- Auto gain control and 2X drive control
- Selectable Input and Amp modeling, with Character controls
- EQ Tone controls and HP filter controls that process mid and side channels concurrently (instead of only one channel)
- HP Filter with manually adjustable Q control (compensated to maintain -3dB frequency point)
- Selectable oversampling
- Various additional mixing controls, such as Noise on/off, channel variability on/off, Phase, L/R swap, stereo width, and balance
- Adjustable output clipper and indicator
- RTAS and AAX format support for OSX
System Requirements and Specifications
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. TonedPLUS requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later).
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. TonedPLUS requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better).
Download TonedPLUS and User Manual
TonedPLUS: OSX (1.0.1) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
TonedPLUS: Windows (1.0.1) VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX 32- and 64-bit
TonedPLUS is available to purchase for
$64.95 $34.95 USD. To purchase TonedPLUS, visit the Purchase Page or add to your cart now.
AAX and RTAS support for Windows
New Undo/Redo and A/B comparison
Changed knobs to newer style
New alternate settings for individual knobs (right-click or ctrl-shift click on knob to view)
Increased the Drive amount to +24 (be warned, this can get very nasty)
Improved accuracy of VU text values greater than -1 dB, as well as VU text for Reduce meter
More informative About Box (click on the LVC-Audio logo)
Improved handling of plugin latency with Steinberg software (VST3 format is still not recommended with Wavelab)
Windows nstaller now checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (see install.txt for further information)
Improved handling of saving and recalling settings, including recalling knob multi-configuration settings
General enhancements and fixes
- added 2x button associated with the Drive control: produces more distortion on all input and amp models
- added Auto button: auto-leveling control based on input and output RMS levels
- added two bands of parametric EQ
- improved HQ oversampling
- update for compatibility with Pro Tools 11.2 (AAX)
- text entry fix for controls with negative-only values (e.g., typing "5" will automatically be recognized as -5)
- improve meter reset when clicking on the VU Text readout
- standardized meter ballistics across all plugins
- signed OSX installers
- fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started
- revised preset loading and saving function to "future-proof" loading older presets in new version of plugin
- Initial Release