Toned 1.0.2 – KVR DC 14
-updated September 14, 2015-
For more advanced features, check out TonedPLUS
Toned is a specialized tone shaping plugin with analog modeling. It is designed primarily for use in the mastering process or on two-track audio busses. Toned uses two distinct equalization processes: a three-band tone-shaping matrix, and a specially designed high pass (HP) filter.
Simple but Flexible EQ
The three-band tone-shaping matrix uses a crossover-style filter bank of first-order filters (-6dB per octave). This type of equalization produces very gentle and broad filtering, with minimal alteration of phase. Very wide boosts and cuts can be accomplished while still sounding natural. This style of equalization also mimics some of the interactions between frequency bands that are commonly found in passive analog EQs and analog tone controls. The tone-shaping matrix can be applied to stereo channels, or specifically to the mid or side channel. Additionally, Toned can be switched to use a two-band matrix.
A Dedicated High Pass
The HP filter is specifically designed for accurately adjusting the low/sub bass energy. The filter has selectable Q and roll-off. The scale of the HP controls is specific to low bass, and ranges from 10 Hz to 50 Hz (with accuracy to 0.01 Hz). Just like the tone controls, the HP filter can be applied to the stereo channels, or specifically target the mid or side channel.
In addition to all of the tone and HP filter controls, Toned also includes an analog modeling engine to simulate the sound of hardware devices. Based on the same engine found in PreAMPed, Toned takes advantage of a custom-created amp model to provide a natural analog sound. The Toned sound consists of numerous parameters to simulate the unique frequency characteristics, saturation, self-noise, and other nuances of high-quality analog equipment. There is also a feedback control to simulate the effect of using negative feedback within an analog amplifier path.
In addition to all of the tone and HP filter controls, Toned also includes an analog modeling engine to simulate the sound of hardware devices. The Toned analog sound consists of numerous parameters to simulate the unique frequency characteristics, saturation, self-noise, and other nuances of high-quality analog equipment. There is also a feedback control to simulate the effect of using negative feedback within an analog amplifier path.
Toned also includes many standard LVC-Audio features. This includes:
- Delay and phase compensated mix control.
- Adjustable input and output metering with peak and loudness meters.
- Internal 64-bit precision with 2x fixed oversampling rate.
- Knob controllers with fine- and superfine- control, and built-in A-B comparison.
System Requirements and Specifications
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Toned requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later).
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Toned requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better).
Download Toned and User Manual
Toned: OSX (1.0.2) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Toned: Windows (1.0.2) VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX 32- and 64-bit
AAX and RTAS support for Windows and OS X
New Undo/Redo and A/B comparison
New alternate settings for individual knobs (right-click or ctrl-shift click on knob to view)
Increased drive gain (be warned, this can get nasty)
Improved accuracy of VU text values greater than -1 dB, as well as VU text for Reduce meter
More informative About Box (click on the LVC-Audio logo)
Improved handling of plugin latency with Steinberg software (VST3 format is still not recommended with Wavelab)
Installer now checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (see install.txt for further information)
Improved handling of saving and recalling settings, including recalling knob multi-configuration settings
Changed knobs to newer style
General enhancements and fixes
- increased Drive control to +18 dB
- improved HQ oversampling
- standardized meter ballistics across all plugins
- signed OSX installers
- fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started
- revised preset loading and saving function to “future-proof” loading older presets in new version of plugin
- Initial Release for KVR DC 2014