-Updated September 19, 2014-
Windows: 32/64-bit VST and VST3
OSX: AU, VST, and VST3 32/64-bit Universal Binaries
PhreePhuzz’s big-brother, HotPhuzz, now released!
PhreePhuzz is a saturation plugin pure and simple. Although the controls are very simple to use, PhreePhuzz utilizes many underlying technologies used to create PreAMPed. PhreePhuzz has four distinct saturation settings. Each of these settings utilizes a distinctly tuned multiband saturation algorithm. All internal processing occurs using 4x oversampling to reduce the aliasing effects of saturation.
Easy to Use
PhreePhuzz can be pushed into overt distortion; however, it excels at more gentle saturation effects. Each of the four saturation settings has emphasis on different frequency components. PhreePhuzz can be used to give a track low-end saturation without dulling the high frequencies, or it can be used to give a shimmering high-end sparkle without muddying the bass.
- Virtual analog saturation simulator
- 4x oversampling using linear phase filtering to ensure great high-end response
- Four distinct saturation types, including separate saturation algorithms and multiband settings
- Standard LVC-Audio controls, like A->B knob comparison and fine adjustment of knobs
System requirements and specifications
- Windows: VST and VST3 plugin formats. PhreePhuzz requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later)
- OSX: AU, VST, and VST3 plugin formats. PhreePhuzz requires OSX 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better)
Download PhreePhuzz and User Manual
PhreePhuzz: OSX (1.0.3) AU, VST, VST3
PhreePhuzz: Windows (1.0.3) VST and VST3 32- and 64-bit
- improved HQ oversampling
- update for compatibility with Pro Tools 11.2 (AAX)
- text entry fix for controls with negative-only values (e.g., typing “5” will automatically be recognized as -5)
- improve meter reset when clicking on the VU Text readout
- standardized meter ballistics across all plugins
- signed OSX installers
- fixed unnecessary fast fade-in when playback was stopped and started
- Revise oversampling to reduce aliasing and CPU load
- Revised internal timing control and presets to match HotPhuzz controls
- Fixed font display issue (Windows and OSX) and text entry bug (OSX)
- New installer for Windows
Update – Feb. 12, 2014
- Fixed Mode C for OSX
- Modified Mode D
- Adjusted overall gain of plugin to even-out the volume changes between Modes
If you like PhreePhuzz and want more, please try the demo of PreAMPed.