April Dynamic Sale - $5 to $30 off all dynamic plugins
-updated December 9, 2015-
-For more features, check out Limited-MAX
Limited-Z is a specialized and easy-to-use limiter, based on the foundation of being a capable look-ahead brickwall limiter suitable for final mixing or mastering. Limited-Z dynamically combines several unique limiting algorithms to provide transparent limiting on all audio sources. Limited-Z is capable of substantial levels of compression/limiting without inadvertently creating excessive amounts of audible distortion...AND, IT'S FREE!
Limited-Z is based on LVC-Audio’s full-featured mastering limiter, Limited-MAX. It includes many of the underlying limiting processing engines, while simplifying the user interface. This includes a special customized variable clipping algorithm based on LVC-Audio’s ClipShifter. The result is a mastering limiter that is both configurable and useful, without a significant learning curve. Internally, Limited-Z includes attack and release controls, look-ahead, stereo linking, program-dependent release timing, dynamic EQ, and DC filtering; however, these internal settings are packaged into several unique limiter modes.
I Want More...
Although Limited-Z is a designed to be easy to use, it includes many standard and useful LVC-Audio features. This includes an output meter including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness metering; waveform history display with RMS; adjustable scale for all metering; AutoGain control (for auditioning the sound of the limiter without volume changes); undo/redo history; and A/B comparison controls.
The paid version of Limited-Z adds the following features:
- Selectable secondary metering that includes Input Level, estimated Distortion Level, and ISP meter
- K-Metering of input and output levels
- Linear-phase oversampling (2x, 4x, or 8x)
- Continually adjustable output margin control between 0 dB and -1.5 dB, and 0 dB and -10 dB for post-production
- Adjustable X/Y controls for the Dynamic Algorithm settings for easily fine-tuning the limiter’s overall sound and aggressiveness
I Want More Than That...
Limited-MAX has everything included in Limited-Z, plus the following:
- Complete control over many more parameters, such as attack time, release time, lookahead, and Limiter Style (program-dependent release timing, compression knee size, ratio, etc.)
- Complete control over the Dynamic Algorithm including dynamic EQ and dynamic pre-compression
- Mid-Side processing
- Comprehensive dithering, that includes dither type selector and dither shape
- Selectable DC filtering
- Innovative ISP squash that further attempts to reduce the presence of inter-sample peaks
- New Zero-Phase oversampling options
System Requirements and Specifications
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-Z requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-Z requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
Download Limited-Z and User Manual
The free and paid versions of Limited-Z can be downloaded below. The registration file unlocks the additional features in the free version. For any questions or problems with Limited-Z, please use the Contact page or view the support forum hosted by KVR
Limited-Z: OSX (1.0.1) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-Z: Windows (1.0.1) VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-Z is available to purchase for
$34.95 $15 off = $19.95 USD. To purchase Limited-Z, visit the Purchase Page or add to your cart now.
- Fixed issue with occasional AU validation failure with free version
- Fixed issue with recalling X/Y settings with paid version
- Changed font on OS X so that text is easier to see
- Improved issue with starting/stopping playback and audio glitches
- Initial Release