-updated September 14, 2015-
-For a mastering limiter, check out Limited-MAX
An Audio Limiter with Character
Limited-T is a character track limiter, useful for many aspects of mixing. It can be used anywhere a traditional limiter is needed. Additionally, Limited-T is capable of adding “glue” to busses, and to impart certain warm characteristics on single tracks. It all starts with a clean and transparent compressor/limiter engine.
Added to this engine is a series of controls that model many desirable anomalies of vintage hardware-based compressors and limiters. Limited-T uses an X/Y control for dialing-in the right limiter behavior. The X/Y control lets you choose anywhere between standard digital limiter, and vintage vibe. Limited-T also includes the same analog modeling engine found in other LVC-Audio plugins (e.g., PreAMPed, Toned, TonedPLUS), and has 5 unique amp models. This includes two models from PreAMPed (Modern and Tape-R), one model from TonedPLUS (PassiveEQ), and two new models specific to Limited-T (Limited-T and Limited-Old).
Limited-T includes standard and advanced features such as attack and release controls, adjustable stereo linking, and a variable Style control. The Style control changes the sound and shape of the limiter’s compression curve, including program-dependent release timing. Additionally, Limited-T includes a selectable DC filter and Mid/Side processing with configurable channel emphasis.
- New output level selector to match track volumes
- Selectable oversampling (2x, 4x, & 8x)
- Exporting/Importing/Sharing presets across various plugin formats (i.e., AU, VST, RTAS, AAX, VST3) through text files and copy/paste
- Auto-gain control for comparing the processed signal with the original signal while accounting for gain changes
- Standard LVC-Audio A->B comparisons on each knob control
- New Undo/Redo history and A/B comparison (version 1.0.1)
System Requirements and Specifications
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-T requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-T requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
Download Limited-T and User Manual
The demo version of Limited-T can be downloaded below. The demo version bypasses the audio for approximately 3 seconds every minute or two. For any questions or problems with Limited-T, please use the Contact page or view the support forum hosted by KVR
Limited-T: OSX (1.0.2) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-T: Windows (1.0.2) VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-T is available to purchase for $29.95 USD. To purchase Limited-T, visit the Purchase Page or add to your cart now.
New selectable Output Level to better match tracking gain levels
New multi-configurations on certain knobs such as Attack, Release, and Out Gain (right-click on knob or Ctrl-Shift-Click)
Increased the Drive amount to +24 (be warned, this can get very nasty)
Improved accuracy of VU text values greater than -1 dB, as well as VU text for Reduce meter
More informative About Box (click on the LVC-Audio logo)
Improved handling of plugin latency with Steinberg software (VST3 format is still not recommended with Wavelab)
Windows installer now checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (see install.txt for further information)
Improved handling of saving and recalling settings, including recalling knob multi-configuration settings
General enhancements and fixes
- New A/B comparison and copy feature
- New Undo/Redo history
- fixed GUI inconsistencies when loading presets
- fixed issue with Auto Learn and Auto Gain (when playing silence or when Bypass is enabled)
- general enhancements and fixes
- Initial Release