-updated August, 2017-
"Limited-MAX is a flexible master bus limiter that delivers results on a par with the more pricey competition. Impressive!" - 4.5 out of 5 star review from musicradar.
-For a track/buss limiter, check out Limited-T
Limited-MAX is a full-featured mastering limiter, designed for transparent mastering applications. It features a high degree of customization and flexibility, and includes innovative features designed to produce natural-sounding limiting on numerous audio sources. Limited-MAX starts with a clean and transparent compressor/limiter engine, but it doesn't stop there.
Limited-MAX utilizes separate limiting algorithms to dynamically select the best process for the incoming signal level. Borrowing some technology from ClipShifter, Limited-MAX included a custom-designed ClipShifter engine for managing fast transient sections. To handle more sustained loudness, Limited-MAX employees a fast peak limiter and waveshaper. To control it all Limited-MAX uses an X/Y input control to allow the user to select and configure how Limited-MAX dynamically switches between each of the algorithms. Additionally, Limited-MAX adds Dynamic EQ controls for taming (or regaining) lost lows or highs.
In addition to the standard limiter controls like attack and release, look-ahead, and output margin control, Limited-MAX adds several controls that make it a versatile limiter. Limited-MAX includes a selectable DC filter, complete dithering controls with noise shaping, fully configurable stereo linking, and mid/side processing with channel emphasis. Limited-MAX also adds an auto-learn control for appropriately adjusting the input level, and an auto-gain control for comparing the limited signal to the original signal while accounting for the gain changes.
- New oversampling modes, including linear phase, mimimum phase, and"zero phase." Now with rates up to 16x (2x, 4x, 8x, and 16x)
- Additional pre-processing algorithms for increased output levels while maintaining transparency
- Selectable output metering, using the traditional LVC-Audio meter, or K-Metering (K-20, K-14, K12)
- Selectable secondary metering, showing either gain reduction, input level, inter-sample peaks (ISP), or estimated distortion level
- Exporting/Importing/Sharing presets across various plugin formats (i.e., AU, VST, RTAS, AAX, VST3) through text files and copy/paste
- Standard LVC-Audio A->B comparisons on each knob control
- New Undo/Redo history, A/B comparison (version 1.0.1)
- ISP Squash control for controlling inter-sample peaks with heavy limiting
System Requirements and Specifications
- Windows: VST, VST3, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-MAX requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-MAX requires OS X 10.8 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
Download Limited-MAX and User Manual
The demo version of Limited-MAX can be downloaded below. The demo version bypasses the audio for approximately 3 seconds every minute or two. For any questions or problems with Limited-MAX, please use the Contact page or view the support forum hosted by KVR
Current Version (for Windows and OS X 10.8 or later)
Limited-MAX: OSX (1.1.0) AU, VST, VST3, and AAX
Limited-MAX: Windows (1.1.0) VST, VST3, and AAX
Older Version (for RTAS support, and for use on OS X 10.5 or later)
Limited-MAX: OSX (1.0.2) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-MAX: Windows (1.0.2) VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX
Limited-MAX is available to purchase for $64.95 USD. To purchase Limited-MAX, visit the Purchase Page or add to your cart now.
Improved oversampling and new modes, including Linear Phase, Minimum Phase, and Zero-Phase oversampling
- Added 16x oversampling for all modes
- Improved waveform and gain reduction display
- General fixes and updates
New Zero-Phase oversampling mode
Improved lookahead and latency compensation
Fixed timing of Peak Reduction Meter
New alternate settings for individual knobs (right-click or ctrl-shift click on knob to view), such as post-production setting on Margin control
Improved handling of saving and recalling settings, including recalling knob multi-configuration settings
Improved accuracy of VU text values greater than -1 dB, as well as VU text for Reduce meter
More informative About Box (click on the LVC-Audio logo)
Improved handling of plugin latency with Steinberg software (VST3 format is still not recommended with Wavelab)
Windows installer now checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 (see install.txt for further information)
Revise auto-trim process to target current Margin setting (prevent significant clipping when input level is low)
General enhancements and improvements
- New ISP Squasher for better reducing Inter-Sample Peaks
- New A/B comparison and copy feature
- New Undo/Redo history
- Added new default presets
- New RMS display on waveform history
- Fixed GUI inconsistencies when loading presets
- Fixed issue with Auto Learn and Auto Gain (when playing silence or when Bypass is enabled)
- General enhancements and fixes
- Initial Release