“For valve and transformer saturation, HotPhuzz is a highly recommended and functionally unique bargain – 9 out of 10″ from Computer Music magazine, issue 206.
-Released June 27, 2014-
Windows: 32/64-bit VST and VST3
OSX: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX 32/64-bit Universal Binaries
Pick your terms: grit, sheen, dirt, mud, vintage, simple, phat, etc.
HotPhuzz is a saturation designer plugin. It is a creative tool that specializes in the creation of distinct saturation tones. HotPhuzz uses a multiband distortion process to create vintage, modern, and unique saturation effects. Although HotPhuzz can be pushed into over distortion, it excels at creating more moderate saturation sounds. You can call the sounds whatever terms you like, but it still sounds good.
HotPhuzz contains several distinct saturation algorithms that can be blended to construct unique sounds. Saturation amounts can be altered using HotPhuzz’s multiband construction. This allows for the creation of effects that heavily saturate the bass frequencies, while leaving the high frequencies unaltered. Conversely, HotPhuzz can add saturation to the higher frequencies without altering the bass. HotPhuzz also simulates the overdriven “memory effect” of many tubes and transformers by the use of a dynamic timing control.
HotPhuzz is designed for all mixing and mastering stages. It can be used on individual tracks, or on two-track busses or masters. In addition to the saturation controls, HotPhuzz also includes many standard LVC-Audio controls. This includes stereo wideness, balance control, mix control, and adjustable input and output metering. HotPhuzz also has selectable 2x, 4x, or 8x oversampling for the highest fidelity.
If you like PhreePhuzz, you will love HotPhuzz. HotPhuzz faithfully recreates all four PhreePhuzz saturation modes, while providing more user controls such as the Drive control, selectable oversampling, and stereo features. Of course, all of the PhreePhuzz modes can be tweak and transformed using the include controls. HotPhuzz includes a total of 19 presets to get you started on your Phuzzy journey.
- Saturation creation tool with infinite combinations of saturation sounds
- Four distinct saturation algorithms with three extra modes for enabling even-order distortion (7 modes total)
- Blend control to mix between two separate saturation algorithms
- Multiband saturation design
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option
- Adjustable output clipper with selectable routing configuration
- Selectable oversampling (linear phase 2x, 4x, and 8x oversampling)
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters
System requirements and specifications
- Windows: VST and VST3 plugin formats. HotPhuzz requires Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machines with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later)
- OSX: AU, VST, and VST3 plugin formats (RTAS and AAX beta support). HotPhuzz requires OSX 10.5 or later, and an Intel Core2Duo processor (or better)
Download HotPhuzz and User Manual
A demo version of HotPhuzz can be downloaded by using the links below. The demo version of the plugin is fully functioning except for occasional bypassing of the plugin’s processing (approximately 1 time per minute, for 4 seconds). Before purchasing HotPhuzz, please download and test the demo version of the plugin to ensure that it works on your system and with your chosen DAW software. For any questions or problems with HotPhuzz, please use the Contact page or view the support forum hosted by KVR
HotPhuzz: OSX (1.0.2) AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, AAX
HotPhuzz: Windows (1.0.2) VST and VST3 32- and 64-bit
HotPhuzz is available for purchase at the price of $25.00 USD. To purchase HotPhuzz, visit the Purchase Page.
A special thanks to all of my beta testers. Their help has greatly shaped the look and sound of this plugin. An addition thanks goes to Dean (aka Nekro) for providing many of the presets.
- New Timing control: wider control of timing feature
- Revised oversampling to reduce aliasing and CPU load
- AAX and RTAS plugin format for OSX (beta)
- Fixed font display issue (Windows and OSX) and text entry bug (OSX)
- Changed knob functionality for compliance with ProTools
- New installer for Windows
- Initial Release